My Own Little Man-Diary: Charge It to Experience - What a Day It Has Been

Saturday, July 9

Charge It to Experience - What a Day It Has Been

Yesterday marked the most WTF moment of my life, so far. "So far," as if I want it to happen again. But you can't help it. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Or  don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rule the day it thought it could give me lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! Or whatever. Shit happens. 


Anyway, back on topic. Most of yesterday was impromptu. The only real thing planned was the jam with my friend Michael, and his bandmates. But they were at a meeting and I had nothing to do before I met with them. So, I went to Ayala and killed some time. 

I was just walking around really, until I texted a friend of mine who said that he was there, Kelly. We met up, chatted a while, and I left for Sacred Heart, my old school's old campus. I was urged by my friend to go there, because she was alone accompanying a friend of ours who was trying out for futsal (indoor soccer). Again, impromptu. It helped that she said that there were a lot of "chx" there. Stayed awhile, then left. The same as earlier.

Then I head to Michael's house. They finally finished with their meeting. And I drove to his house. Killing time was really exhausting, which rendered me very thirsty. And without a decent spot for me to park in, Michael told me to park in the garage. I had to drive up a small ramp. In a rush, I got out and asked Michael if I could have a drink of water. We got in his house and I drank two full glasses. When we got out, my car wasn't parked in their garage anymore.

To my dismay, I had forgotten to pull up my handbrake, which I normally really do. I'd love to say that I was disoriented due to dehydration. And I'm sticking to it. No, I didn't crash my car. Hell, I wasn't even in it.

All joking aside, it was a good thing that no one was hurt in the accident. I can't say so for the plants though. They were very brave and they died with honor. Or still trying to survive. I'm not sure if they still are, alive that is. But when I tried to get out of the ditch the crash created, it felt like I was still hooked on to something and I had to really push on the pedal to get out.

Lucky for me, the owner of the house was very nice. And even though her beautiful plant box had been destroyed, she considered that my car too, was damaged. We worked out a plan to just have the box fixed as soon as we can. Some other person would have made me pay on the spot, put on emotional charges or some other shit he can think of.

After all that, we couldn't forget the main reason I was there in the first place, to jam with Michael and company. We still did. And it was fun, but we were all cramped up in this tiny space. It got hot very fast.

When we got to Michael's house, it finally dawned on me that I was in an accident today. It's a good thing that there are no clearly visible dents on the car. So, I went home and got to bed. And acted as if it never happened and charged it to experience.

Damn lemons.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're wondering, the thing about the lemons is a reference to Portal 2. It is said by a dying Cave Johnson.

1 comment: