My Own Little Man-Diary: We're Getting Older

Sunday, March 18

We're Getting Older

I'm four years into college now, and this week is finals week. My lazy personality is getting the best of me, opting to write this post than to actually study. But don't worry about me, I've read a little bit whether it's actually related to the actual test is a mystery.

If I were in any other course, I'd be graduating this year. Or not. It really depends on my determination. Let's just say I am very determined, and I am in fact graduating this year. Then I'd be a very happy camper. But that's not where I am, I'm in a five-year course and I'm already delayed a year which makes my total years spent in college six.

Many of my friends are graduating this year. It's nice to see them move up in the world, getting a degree and starting a new chapter in their lives while I, still stuck in college, am bound to attend their graduation parties, eat and sulk in the process.

Laziness should be classified as a disease. It's not really, but it's a better reason than just being naturally lazy. A friend of mine told me that there's a point of time that we can't rely on not studying anymore, it might have worked in previous years, but it's getting serious. (@mikes41720, Michael Brian TiƱa). Tests before had been, in relation to the present, easier. I agree with him, but it doesn't faze me enough to actually start trying, or trying harder.

The painful truth is that we're all getting older. Friends are graduating, and you're left behind. Friends are getting married, and you're alone. Friends are having kids, and you're still one. Four years into my college education, and I find myself thinking that maybe I'm not meant to be a physical therapist. Twenty years into life, and I'm stuck in a rut.

I still want to finish though. All this time and effort, no matter how little, can't go to waste. At least after finishing, I'll have a diploma to show off, and maybe get taken seriously. If you invest in something, you just have to make sure that it's the right thing to do.

A slightly bigger push and I'm almost there. Two years is a little while longer than I had expected but there's nothing else to do than to stick it out and try your hardest. In the long run, it might be worth it.

I hope it is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the unorganized post, it's just a thought I think I want to get out there. A thought I want to share. It's exactly how my brain is right now, unorganized. I know some people might relate to this, some of my friends especially. Here's to us, and to our cloudy futures!


2 comments:

  1. oh Dre, i can totally relate. I lost passion in my course sems ago and I'm just doing this for the sake of finishing. Sigh if only I were more focused on what i want to become when i grew up then i wouldn't be this confused. Oh well let's just see what life throws at us lol

    ReplyDelete