My Own Little Man-Diary: Cooked Pageantries

Monday, February 21

Cooked Pageantries

Friday afternoon, I was still worn out from the excitement of what occurred in the morning. We still had to attend a class. Thank god, the teacher was absent. During this time, I had just received the poster we wanted to replaces our old one with. And the one they gave me was a fail.

The design that I made the night before was perfect. No one needed to add anything on it. But this information did not get to our VP Internal who was the one I put in charge of printing it. I could not print it myself due to the fact that I was not going to be in school. Then I decided to just cut the thing, severing all the hard work the VP Internal did.

Both parties were to attend a forum at 5:30pm. I was not excited to this. This was because I was not the kind of person that answers really tough questions. At about 3 o' clock, I raced home and quickly took a bath and changed, so that I'd look fresh. And if I didn't answer any questions, I'd have that going for me.

The forum was kind of sad, only attended by a few. Other than the two parties who were also short of members, were the people of the current supreme student council and a few students. The forum ended quick. The parties just introduced theirselves and gave their platform. After the forum, my friend, who was with me already during the forum, and I went straight to my car and headed for SWU for the main event of the PT/OT week, the coronation night of Miss Rehabilitative Sciences.

On our way there, we saw some of our friends who were walking towards the same location. So I gave them a lift. The same problem happened like earlier. We got lost again, but somehow we managed to get there in one piece.

Miss Rehabilitative Sciences was the grand finale to the PT/OT week. The event was compulsory to students. And we went there to support our friend who was in the competition. She was number four, out of nine contestants. Most were beautiful, some were questionable.

The night was started pleasantly. My friends and I were late, of course. We drifted off course when I took a wrong turn somewhere, what a waste of gas. We went inside and the pageant had already begun. The contestants walked out on the stage, one by one. They presented a welcoming dance number, in their gowns. It's important to note that the theme of the night was goddesses. So all nine of them were trying their bests to actually stay on stage. A funny thing happened when one of the contestants actually tripped on stage, but she was quick to stand up again.

The goddesses announced themselves; a little about who they're representing and who they really are, and from what school. As our friend came to introduce herself, my classmates and I shouted as hard as we could. She passed the left side of the stage and waved a quick hello to us.

Soon after their costume round. They then proceeded to something more casual. They all wore the same dress. Soon after that, they wore these gowns. Most of them wore a shade of green. Then the answer portion.

The Q&A was unexpected. Honestly, I did not think that our contestants, nor everyone else in the group, would answer well. The Velez contestants were all remarkable in answering their questions. They handled it with much poise and grace. Then, we all thought that this is what would make us win.

Minor awards were handed out. Awards like Most Photogenic, Best in Costume, Best in Gown, and the like. We waited for our contestants' names to be called. It never came. Not one award was merited to our girls, not one at all. This disappointed the students of our school very much. The least we could have won was Best in Gown or Best in Costume, but we won neither.

Soon after the disappointments, a top four was to be announced. Only the top four out of the top nine will be included in the finals of the pageant. One by one, names were called from CDU and SWU. Where was Velez? -- Nowhere. This could have been understandable IF we did very bad in the Q&A, which we didn't. I would recall two, or one, from the top four couldn't get to the words to what she wanted to say.

After the top four was announced, every Velezian (students from Velez) walked out of the Coliseum. Then the winner was announced. Soon after that, the CDU students followed in our footsteps. I was told that the judges started from zero again, rather than the total score for the whole competition.

This kinds of things are not something new in pageants. And as my teacher later told us, coming from an unbiased side, that we were to smart to be in that competition. That garnered a level of respect from me. Not that it would have mattered anyway.

I'd like to congratulate my friend, Erika Nicole Q. Teves, for winning Miss Rehabilitative Sciences 2011. 
You deserved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment