My Own Little Man-Diary: Scandals and Friendships

Friday, February 11

Scandals and Friendships

There's a kind of limitation to how I can write my blogs, a certain censor that I have to follow. Naturally after writing a blog, I just click share on facebook and on twitter. And knowing most people, they're not really gonna read it. This is how I want it to work, sometimes.

I don't want everybody reading it. I want to write about things that happen to me. And some of my friends on facebook, who are in the blog post, might actually get to read it. At this point, it's really up to them how to react. I am the writer, I'm bias to myself. And most, if not all of my blogs, are gonna be one-sided.

Like one of my blog post, it has a tendency to become a sort of controversy around at school. Or it really might not. Who knows? Granted, it might not have the magnitude of a controversy like the scandal running around now. It is not my place to say what or who, and it kills me that I can't tell anyone.

Scandals can get everywhere. No matter where it started or when, it will bite you in the ass. One might assume from reading this that I am involved in one, I assure you that I'm not.

On to a different topic, I have these two friends at school. I don't have just two, but I'm talking about these two in particular. It doesn't matter if they read this, or if they ever wanted to, because there's nothing they can do about it anyway.

So, these two, a cold war had been going on. The origins of this war are somewhat undetermined, but what matters is now. These two have been going at it(silently) for months or at least more than one semester, talking behind each others' backs.

Once upon a time, I remember these two actually being friends. A year or two has passed since then, and now, they're not. These two are my friends, but I can say I'm closer with the other one. But now, I think if we really are that close. I mean, if we were, I would have told her sooner. (Well, she knows now.)

There was this one time a group of friends and I were talking about another friend. Albeit, not in a nice way. Then a friend in a group pointed out that if we were friends with the other one not present, he didn't see why we wouldn't tell that guy what was on our minds. We all fell silent. The guy was right, and we were bad friends for it.

Back to the point, if you're close friends you should tell them. There's a catch though, the other girl and I are  friends too, so should I have told on her? Things like these make you have to decide on where your allegiances lie.

And I chose to be silent, and be an observer. Laughing at jokes from both sides.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The war rages on..

1 comment: