My Own Little Man-Diary: Brace for Landing

Monday, April 4

Brace for Landing

My stay in airports are not my favorite ones, neither are the actual plane trips. But they bring me to where I need to be, so I can't be that hard on 'em. One good thing about stopovers are that I can say I've been to that country, you know, technically. By that logic, I've been to South Korea and Hong Kong.

This time around, I stopped at Hong Kong, one of the most beautiful airports around. It really can't compare to the NAIA (Ninoy Aquino Int'l Airport) in the Philippines. The airports I've been to can't really be compared to the NAIA. To do so would be unfair, really.

PS3 Demo at Hong Kong Int'l Airport
The Hong Kong Int'l Airport was beautiful. And even though I was there for only 2-3 hours, I felt that I could take a vacation to the airport. There were a few computers there that were available for public use. You were limited to 15 mins only, enough time to log-in to facebook and twitter. There was also WiFi available there. So even if I wasn't using the public computers, I was still online using my phone. One of the highlights there was really the free PS3 demo. I played awhile. As awesome as a PS3 was it's all that it was, demos. And sooner or later, my flight to NY was boarding and I prepared myself, and went on the plane.

Picture taken from the Outside Camera from the plane.
The flights from the Philippines to NY are one of the longest in the world, clocking in an estimated 18 hours in total, not including all the stops. I was glad I took Cathay Pacific this time. From the last time I had taken Cathay Pacific, they have had a major upgrade. One of the biggest plus was the vast library they have in the In-Flight Entertainment which I desperately needed. They also had this Outside Camera, which can show you a view from the outside of the plane. During the flight, you won't see much of anything. But if you're just leaving or just arriving the view can look awesome.

 From HK to NY, it took me 15-16 hours, estimated. My ass was hurting and I was in dire need of sleep. So, I was relieved that I had finally step foot outside the plane. After customs and everything else, I was soon outside the airport and on our way to my dad's Brooklyn apartment. And my brand new laptop was waiting for me, still wrapped inside it's box.

So, what do I do now? The few things I really want to do is hit the gym and lose weight. One of my problems staying here is really getting fat. A thing most tourists cannot really avoid. So hopefully when I get back home, I would be less than what I am now, or the same. Anything but bigger and fatter.

A lot of things can happen in a month's time. Hopefully, a lot of weight can keep off too.

1 comment: