My Own Little Man-Diary: Great Adventure

Saturday, April 16

Great Adventure

Saturday morning, I had to wake up early. We were gonna head out to Six Flags Great Adventure, the Warner Bros. counterpart to Disneyland. The plan to go there was thought of a week prior. Going with people who didn't want to go on the rides, there was a lot of pressure for me to.

We drove out at about 8 o'clock in the morning, but we made a couple of stops before going on the actual trip. We went by Queens then to Chinatown, then to the Holland Tunnel, to New Jersey. Two hours and a sore butt later, we were there. When we got out of the car, I was shivering. It was really cold, with the temperatures at about 48 degrees Fahrenheit (8-9 degrees Celsius.)

The Kingda Ka (view from the parking lot)
When we finally got inside, the first thing on the agenda was the Kingda Ka. It is the longest and steepest ride in the world, with a height of 456 ft, a drop of 418 ft, and a total length of 3,118 feet. Why ride this one first? To get it over with, really. This was not my first ride on a tall rollercoaster. I had tried riding the Steel Eel which was from a different amusement park. The Steel Eel's drop is 150 feet, so the Kingda Ka was three times as high. Hesitant, I got in the train, got locked in place and went on my way to the longest 30-something seconds of my life.

The ride did not start out like any ride as I've experienced. The ride started then stopped. After a few seconds, it fired up (and I've read at about 206 kmh) towards it's high peak then slowed for a moment then faster going down. The descent was not at all simple. Although it went straight downward, it turned on it's axis a couple of times. When we got to the bottom and one hill later, the ride was over. The ride took less than a minute, but it was the scariest moment of my life.

Superman: Ultimate Flight
view from the parking lot
Next we got on the Superman: Ultimate Flight. This ride was actually not that bad. The thing special about this ride was that the passengers were suspended, and our view, when riding, was the ground. Imagine how Superman flies. This was the best ride for me. Although, I disliked the ascent. I felt like I could really fall to the ground below me. From the view I had, I could really die. Still, we enjoyed the ride and went on it twice.

The Batmobile enclosed
in the middle of  "Gotham"
Then we had lunch. This was a good idea because I kinda didn't want to ride anymore, not that I was scared but of the weather. And it started to rain, more good news for me. Most outside rides were unable to operate during rainfall because it may cause discomfort to the passengers. It might possibly be because of the electronics configured. But going to Six Flags without going to any other rides would be a waste, so we went to another ride, an indoor ride. The Dark Knight.


I liked the Dark Knight. The ride was enclosed in a facility. And before we got in the train, we were treated to a little drama with a mock news channel featuring Harvey Dent (played by Aaron Eckhart) and it being attacked by the Joker. Then the ride ensued. The place was dark and was decorated with symbols paying tribute to the Joker.

After that, we went off to something small. A ride called Jolly Rogers. And judging from the name, you can just imagine how this ride went. But it was not something you underestimate, especially if you have something in your stomach. It's like a carousel, but faster and with hills. Not for the light-headed.

Skull Mountain
Another kiddie ride but not to be messed with. I forgot the name, but it was a good ride. It would be a ride I would go on a lot and not have any real problems with. Then the last ride I went to was Skull Mountain. From the name itself, you could imply that the ride was in or on a mountain-like building with a skull. In this case, it was inside. You go in a long hallway before you get to the actual ride. The ride was like the Dark Knight, BUT there were no lights. Not at all. So, you would not see if you were going down or left or right, or upside down. The ride ended quick. And we were on our way.

With the bad weather, we decided to call it a day. And be on our way back home. On the car ride home, I just fell asleep knowing that I rode the tallest and steepest rollercoaster in the world.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Front Row footage of the Kingda Ka

No comments:

Post a Comment