My Own Little Man-Diary: Best. Sinulog. Evar.

Monday, January 17

Best. Sinulog. Evar.

January 15, Saturday

It was a slow and boring Saturday morning and afternoon. The worst thing that happened was the very strong rain which caused a flood in the house. I had to remove all the filth and water from the house. Then, a miracle. The rain stopped. But I guess it was just tired 'cause an hour or so later, it rained again. I didn't care though, I was very determined to go out and enjoy the Sinulog weekend.

8:30, Saturday

It was still raining and I had already finished changing. The plan was to meet at 9, and it was already 8:30. I thought to myself that when I got there, they'll be already people waiting on me. It was the Sinulog weekend. So I had the traffic to hopefully delay me and make me late. The traffic was nonexistent and I got there at 9:15(give or take). And the people I had counted on to already be there were absent. Ten 'o clock, the birthday girl arrived and with the other invitees still on their way, we decided to have some coffee first.

est. 11:00, Saturday

The gang proceeded to loft where a couple of bottles of Tanduay Ice, a few shots of Tequila later, the party finally began. We danced the night away until 4:30 on Sunday morning. A pretty wild night. Thank you, Jamie.


January 16, Sunday -- Sinulog


I was awake, having already planned to go to my friends house at 7. With only 2 hours of sleep, I was pretty groggy. To my dismay, my friend woke up at 8 and we left the village at almost 11, time I could have spent sleeping.


Before lunch, we had went to church. During the mass, they ran out of hosts. And my friend was still standing there, the only one not given a host. Everyone tried to hold their laughter, even the priest. It was the highlight of my and the rest of the congregation's morning.


So we ate lunch at my friend's grandmother's house where we planned to meet our other friends. But they never showed. After lunch, I slept, making up for the other night.


We decided to leave the house and find some of our friends outside. We met with some of them at Brew's Point. We had drinks. Everyone had drinks. The street was crowded with people. Everyone was wet, partly because of the rain, but mostly because of the beer. Everywhere you look, you see people's faces obscured with paint.


Everyone was drunk out of their minds. Non-stop partying from 4 - 9pm. The rain could not stop the crowd. It was the best Sinulog ever.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine. Just own the night like the 4th of July. 
                                                                                          - Katy Perry, Firework 

(I don't know what it is about this song. But when it starts playing, everyone jumps up and down. Official Sinulog 2011 song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment