My Own Little Man-Diary: Researched Hypocrisy

Thursday, January 27

Researched Hypocrisy

Monday afternoon, it was the last subject of the day and we were all hoping it would be over quickly. The class was on light therapy. The class dragged on. And by the end of it, the teacher had given us assignments to work on.

The teacher made us research on the indications and contraindications of ultraviolet radiation therapy(UVR). Now, I've stated in my previous posts that I am very lazy. Yesterday night was different. And with the hopes on getting better grades and passing, I did the assignment and I did not regret it.

During my research, I learned a couple of things like Pityriasis rosea, Xeroderma Pigmentosum, and Porphyria. The first is indicated for UVR therapy, unlike the other two.

Then there was one that stood out. When I searched for tinea capitum which was included in the list, I clicked the first one. Normally, I would click the one with the wiki page on it, but there wasn't one. The first link was a powerpoint presentataion and I was quick to download it. And to my surprise, I had found my teacher's slides. Only thing was, it wasn't hers.

The powerpoint presentation the teacher had shown to the class was the exact replica to what I had just downloaded, with the exception of the first page. There wrote that it was made by a different person. Question here is now, who really made it.

All the people who had searched the following thing all saw it. There was speculation to who made the presentation. A classmate of mine had said that she already knew that our teacher was stealing slides. My classmates are leaning on the side that our teacher made it, and her slides were stolen instead which is unlikely.

This morning, we met with our teacher again. She was late. Then, she proceeded to consume most of our lunch break with a test. During the test, she used our assignments to validate if we really researched rather than just copy-paste. Knowing the circumstances, the audacity of our teacher to point that out was a little unnerving.

After the test, we exchange papers with our seatmates and checked the papers. On one number, she told us it was wrong, despite the fact that this was found in her notes. A number of my classmates were frustrated, it was found in her notes, after all. When she asked another question, no one in the classroom knew the answer, or they just kept it to themselves. She then blackmailed us. She said that if we did not study, she would not go through the hassle of making a lecture. One might think if she really did.

A lot of my classmates know the issue about the slides. Some got disappointed knowing what she was and some(me) were amused to find out that our teacher was actually a hypocrite. And there was proof.

Watch your tongue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.  
                                                                                    - Alfred Adler

No comments:

Post a Comment