My Own Little Man-Diary: A4D

Saturday, March 12

A4D

The Assholes have always been my most constant group. They've been with me through some of the most fun I've had, and those times that aren't. But if we think about them now, we'd just laugh about it, seriously. Bring back that very moment, then come in the jokes. And last night, we went out for some more shitz and gigglez.

Two of the assholes are going somewhere this summer. I'm one of the two. So, we decided to spend some more time together before we leave. Everytime the assholes get together, the night is bound to be fun.

THE PLAN: Left4Dead 2, then off to Handuraw to listen to good music.

Left4Dead 2 had become a fad with the assholes, except me. I liked to play the game, but time constraints involving my choice of education and my computer not able to handle the game restricted me in doing so. More on the computer insufficiency, rather than the time. But the time still counts.

Michael, the glue that keeps the Assholes intact (pun intended), had suggested the night. He was a big fan of the local music scene, and there was a concert being held in Handuraw Pizza. I, too, am a fan, but he's updated more. He just tells me.

THE OUTCOME:

I was very game to play L4D2.Considering that there were four of us. Playing the game would be perfect. Alas, Kelly had to go to the airport to pick up his parents, which hindered him from going to the L4D2 session.

Thinking about it, I did not think there was a conflict in my schedule. Saturday morning, my group members and I had to organize this seminar. In the afternoon, I had a test. And a defense, much later.And things came up after our defense. So, I too, was unable to play L4D2. Nevertheless, the two available, Martin and Michael played on. They had fun.

I caught up with them and had dinner. And off we went to Handuraw, where we'd meet with Kelly. And we were all together then. We sat in the table nearest the stage. Kelly had been starving himself thinking we'd all eat dinner together. Oops. Kelly ordered his meal.

As it says on the poster on the left, the concert was to start at 9pm. We were there at 8. This was pretty early. We didn't mind. Again, the concert was stated to start at 9pm. So naturally, it started at 10.

Starspit had jump started the night. The band isn't on the poster, or are they? I'm not really sure. Maybe they renamed to Starspit from Vultures. Or whatever. After every song, I would shout, "YEAH!," in a very unique manner. And the vocalist would hear it. And I would be forever known as the yeah guy. I don't mind she was pretty cute.

The best band, for me, was Foc Fashion. They had this feel to them that I can't explain. I mean with songs entitled Vega vs. Dhalsim and Ricochet Ratshit you can't go wrong. Next in line was Shuffled. Their songs were catchy. What caught our eyes was the Gibson Les Paul the guitarist was holding.

The main band of the night was Bethany. It was also the band Michael was waiting for. They performed 6 original songs. And they ended the night covering the band Oasis. They dedicated the song to Japan which was nice.

With nothing else to do, we headed to Martin's house and drink. We drank a mixture of Red Bull and Vodka, which could not possibly be healthy. We had researched the effects and how to actually mix the drink. The drink tasted like medicine, and had chosen to drink the vodka straight instead. I was hit pretty quickly, as were the other guys.

Wanting to make up for not playing L4D2 in the afternoon, we went to the same internet cafe they had been to earlier. Martin wasn't able to play with us because the computers either did not have L4D2 or did not have a mouse. And we stopped playing after awhile. We realized that it was better to play with the four of us. Plus, this was already at around 2-3am and we were a little drowsy.

Kelly dropped us off at Martin's house where Michael was spending the night, and where I parked my car. I bid the assholes goodbye and drove home quickly, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and went straight to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't drink Red Bull because it makes you shaky. -- Starspit Vocalist


Advice we didn't take, advice you should.

Check out Michael's blog at michaelbriantina.wordpress.com. And his rant about Saturday night here.

2 comments: