My Own Little Man-Diary: Summer Fail

Monday, March 28

Summer Fail

School had ended exactly one week tomorrow. 

Time out of school seems faster. That's what usually happens. I remember having my sembreak which was 3 weeks. And it just went by. Just like that. The sembreak is exactly what it means, a break from the semester. It culminates the ending of the 1st semester of that year and into the 2nd one.

This past week nothing much had happened for me. Saturday night turned out to be a bummer. Most of the free time I've had was pretty much just lazing about. Spending time with my(brother's) PSP. I've been playing Konami's MGS: Peace Walker, and I just clocked in 86 hours of game time. It may not be a feat for others but to many people, it is.

Tomorrow is a big day for my classmates and I. It's the day we finally know our fate about moving on to the Fourth year. Teachers will be giving out the grades to those who come. If one doesn't come on that day, one's just prolonging the agony. The releasing of grades was supposedly scheduled last Friday, but to my knowledge, they moved it tomorrow to deliberate earlier today. 

The deliberation is where teachers gather and decide whether to really pass or fail a student. Teachers might pass a certain student out of pity, or because the student seems like he's trying really hard. A plus here is if you're always present for their discussion. But if you're tardy or absent all the time, the teachers might not be so kind.

I am proud that I'm present at most times, if not all. This probably comes from my childhood experiences. My mother would actually threaten to not drive me to school and just leave me at home if I did not wake up early. "Biyaan tika rn(I'll leave you here)," she would say. But she would never actually do it, nor would I ever know if she would. It's important to note that my mother would usually drive my sister and I to our different schools. So, it was possible to leave me at home. 

Ten percent of the grade is usually attendance, so I have an advantage there. And I take down notes and listen to the discussion. Not to be a kiss-ass, but I really do. But of course, there is that once in a while that I don't listen. The reason for that is, is probably because of the humidity of the classroom. I tend to really participate in the discussion. My only real problem is at home. I don't study at all.

Studying has always been a problem for me. Most of the time, I just cram the night before. Maybe even just minutes before the actual test. I just don't know how. Sometimes, I really do want to study, but attention is easily diverted to other things, other minute, non-important things. Procrastination. I do this alot, more than that which is healthy really. It's a problem, someone find me a cure.

We go back again. Grades are gonna be released tomorrow. Even though it's only been a week, the schedule of the releasing is pretty early. This is because if you fail, summer classes might be open and you could enroll in the class where you did. 

The bad thing about failing is, I can't take summer classes. I have to go abroad and I'm already booked to leave. People ask me why I bought the ticket already, knowing that there is the possibility of taking summer classes. I didn't buy the ticket. Why I'm leaving? Legal purposes. So if I do fail, I'd be seeing my teachers again next semester. 

Come tomorrow, I will know. I won't be sleeping tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment