My Own Little Man-Diary: Patience & Good Fortune

Tuesday, March 22

Patience & Good Fortune

Summer has started. But it doesn't feel like it.

Today was our last day of exams. The exam we had earlier was an easier one compared to what we had gone through the days before, excluding Sunday. I figured the teachers thought that they would give us a nice send off to start our summer.

Of course, finals week is hell. No one expects finals to be a walk in a park. You have to study everyday and improve and/or maintain your grade. I don't know why, but maybe it's because of the impending summer that I didn't study at all. I've read a few pages here and there, but not really into the zone of studying.

I was glad the test earlier had been easy. The exam was to be made up of previously used questions in other tests and new sets of questions. And the previous exam papers were laid out inside the room for us to review with. When I got to school, I saw my grade in an exam for another subject, and it was devastating.

I couldn't not think about it. So I decided to hang out outside the room, and observed the clouds above me. (It's important to note that the classroom we're in has a "terrace." It's not at all fancy, but a chair or two can fit in it. Your view is directly overlooking a garden straightforward, and the annex area on the left side.)

So, I took the test, stayed a bit and left. I tried not to think about how I might really fail a subject or two or three. It was simple, but the thought remained in the back of my mind. A cup of coffee with a group of friends could cheer me up, and it did.

I had achieved a few things today. None of which are school-related. Today, I've baked muffins for the first time. It was easier than my first project -- pie. And I've driven to Lapu-Lapu which is far away from the city on my own and I reached 90kph on the car, which was as far that I would go.

Summer won't officially start until we know our grades. And the teachers told me that the earliest I would know is this Friday, but it's still unsure.

The verdict will come. Good fortune comes to those who wait. And good fortune is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment