My Own Little Man-Diary: A Drummer's Failing Diet

Sunday, March 6

A Drummer's Failing Diet

My diet plan has done loads for me. It has kept me maintaining my weight just under 85kg. But that's just it. It's maintenance diet. So, now I find myself in need of a new kind of diet.

My diet is now over 2 months old. And I can say that I can live without rice in the evening. I remember a time when I was a freshman in high school. I was really obese at the time. Then I had started to love drumming. I had not yet experienced actual drums, but I've tasted DrumMania. It was a game that kept me occupied most of my first year of high school.

I was given an allowance of 100 pesos/day. I think at that time I was still driven to school, and my money was left for going home and for my lunch for that day. I remember not eating lunch during those days, just to save up for playing the drums on the Friday of that week. All money saved, was spent very quickly. To emphasize my expenditures playing that game, I was given a Gold Card. The only two ways to obtain such was by either paying Php 5000.00 on the spot or by accumulating the same amount on just one card. I had two.

Abstaining from lunch and playing the drums was my diet. The game really helped me lose the weight, but it did no good for my spending habits. There are still some times that I still play the drums there, but not as frequent as I usually did. There was really a difference of my weight during that year. I'm glad that I played the game, as I did. I've been playing the real drums ever since.

Looking back now, I could see that I can still attain such a feat. Not by playing and spending on that game, but by cutting out lunch entirely. This is not at all a recommended diet, but I can't think of another way of losing weight.

This is not at all my current diet's fault. It is of mine, really. I binge on snacks alot. So, if my plans of this diet pulls through, I'd be cutting out rice entirely, since lunch is the only time I eat rice nowadays. I plan on replacing rice with, as corny as it may seems, knowledge.

This is partially because I am failing. And partially because, I want to distract myself from the actual act of eating. So, it's study or eat. And I want to pick studying, but it's a real challenge. I, personally, don't study much. But my choice of course calls for it, and so I really must.

Again, I am failing because of my lack of diligence. And I can't fail one single subject. Can't as in "there will be dire consequences" can't. C'mon, failing is so easy to accomplish. So in a sense, I can fail, but I can't.

The option of failing was not really an option at all. But if failing was an ultimatum, then I would have just taken summer classes, if I had no plans for the summer. In this case, I do. I am leaving for New York and I'm all booked to leave on the 3rd of April.

If I indeed fail with all my plans pushing through, then I have to retake the subject, which is only available on the 2nd Semester of the next school year. This subject is also a prerequisite for taking most subjects in the upcoming year. So if I fail, I hope I don't, I am going to add another year to my already 5-year course.

So, yes. It is probable that I might have to really eat knowledge. 0 calories/serving
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge. - Benjamin Disraeli 

3 comments:

  1. Just eat enough and opt for healthier food; You'll get used to it. And of course, cardio!

    And I agree, keeping yourself busy is a good diet. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro, You should do more cardio during your free time. Jog, Walk, Run, or do anything that would make you sweat. That's the technique bro. hahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete